Sunday, July 5, 2009

Intro to Augustus continued

The wind starts to settle. He lowers his arms to his sides and opens his eyes and all the wind and weeds become calm. He takes a deep long breath. He raises his arms out again. His expressionless and angelic face becomes one of intense focus and concentration. He brings his hands together in a large defening clap that shakes the earth to its core. A thick dust storm erupts tearing the surface of the earth in its wake.

Ten miles away the town of Smithton, Nevada is leveled by a freak storm. There were no survivors.

1 comment:

  1. it must be a very angelic face indeed to warrant the same adjective in each of the first two paragraphs.
    also, I don't know what "dead sea grass" is, but when you mentioned it, I immediately assumed I was in the middle east, so I was kinda surprised to find myself in Nevada.
    but I do like it and wish I could flip over to Chapter 1

    ReplyDelete